Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Who's talking....


As I stay in the boat, a question comes to mind are the “storms” that surround me, storms that are generated by my decisions that are not apart of God’s will but rather my will? I find that this question to often makes me hesitate and sometimes even turn my back on what really is God’s will because I don’t have a burning bush in front of me telling me what to do. Is it my fleshly desires or is it His will? In a “christian” culture where you hear things are said like “you don’t have because you don’t have enough faith” or “speak it into existence” how much of that is truly His will? The storm that Jonah faced had everything to do with him disobeying God for he judged a people whom God wanted to give a second chance. The more I get to know the nature of God, like Jonah, the more I realize how much I am not like Him and His way is not like my way. I have to choose to trust that His way is best regardless of what I think the outcome may be and I must pray, as a friend said, with faith without fear that I clearly know His will and He will fulfill it through me.

No comments: